About us

Our wholesale nursery was started in 1991. However, nurseries do not start from nothing. The Berg family have been growers of trees and shrubs for four generations. Originating in Denmark in the late 19th Century on nurseries near Copenhagen, we are still growing today in North Yorkshire in the early 21st Century.

Today Yorkshire Plants grows 80% of our plants for retail sales. Our plants are sold on retail nurseries, independent garden centres, small chains of garden centres and increasingly through plant retailers on the Internet. The other 20% is sold to other wholesale nurseries in the UK who have contracts with us to propagate and grow specific crops, either young plants for them to grow on or finished plants ready for the market.